Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thompson Family Reunion

The highlight of the reunion was getting 8 of the 10 siblings together!  David passed away in 1988 so the only one missing was John, the youngest child.  Grandpa Thompson came from a family of 13 children and there is only one child left, Aunt Gerry. She is the 12th child. It was fun to get reacquainted with some of the Thompson cousins. They were never as close as the Smith side cousins. We found out that Dale's cousin Joyce Balmforth recently made a trip to Maine and stopped in at a nearby church on Sunday only to meet Amy's parents, Mark and Marta Sisco.  When they learned she was from Idaho, they asked if Joyce knew any Thompson's.  She said, "I am a Thompson!" Then they asked, "Do you know Dale and Amy?" And her reply was, "Dale is my cousin!"  What are the chances? The world is certainly small!
                            

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's so crazy! I'll have to ask my mom about it. I wish I'd known they were coming; we would've gone to my parents branch that day! I guess they didn't expect to run into family either though:)